Knowledge is valuable
Here is a list of ‘lessons’ I thought about to share with folks. In no particular order (except the way they popped into my head) is a list of things I wish someone had taught me when I was ready to learn.
What are you ready to learn? Comment below and we’ll get started with the lessons. Since you’re here, I have to say all of these lessons will be from a referral mindset. It matters how you want to work and if we are not in sync you’ll say it won’t work or you won’t like what I have to say but if you do then this is the place for you.
- Contracts Class – The Why, not just the How.
- Handling inspections and amendments to address concerns
- Contracts to close – a checklist
- Not all Lenders are the same – choose your partners well
- Handwritten notes – what to write and when
- Database – build, qualify, sort and contact
- Choosing a CRM – free or paid, company or 3rd party
- Starting a web presence – get your name as a domain
- Be Yourself because no one else can
- Measuring Trust – Someone says “I gave them your card” and how that’s bad
- CMA and how to figure out the price
- Appealing an appraisal
- Listings or Buyers or Both?
- Why hasn’t my listing sold?
- PreApproval vs PreQualification – Working with buyers
- How to work with New Construction for your buyers
- How to give a referral
- Teaching clients about referrals
- Should you have an LLC?
- Firing a client – Hit the road Jack!
- Choosing a broker? Who is a good fit for you?
- Listing presentation – from yellow pad to iPad
- Interviewing a buyer – Will you work with everyone?
- First 30 day checklist
- When should I start buying leads?
- Business owner or Employee?
- FSBO and Expired Listings – are they worth the time?
- Shifting Markets – buyer or seller markets?
- Finding Foreclosures in my market
- Branding vs advertising. Is it worth it?
- Highest and Best or Eeny Meeny Miney Mo?
- Using county records / internet to find info on properties
- Asking questions is better than answering them
- Transactional or Relational? Or both? Where do you focus for the best return?
There is more to learn and if you want something I didn’t list then comment below and we’ll add it. I plan to teach these things via video and blog posts or both, depending on the best way to get the info across.
Thanks for listening,
PS – if this was helpful to you, please share it with your friends and agents you know that would benefit from being a part of this gang. We’d love to connect with more folks. If you sign up below you will get a checklist to start your referral-based real estate business. We’ll stay in touch with more tips, courses, and info. It’s free and you can unsubscribe anytime. Give it a try and see if we can help.
- You’re a great agent!
- Believe in Yourself